Wednesday 11 June 2014

SOAP & GLORY DEEP PURIFYING HOT CLOTH CLEANSER

Hello My beauties I hope you are all well :) 
This might be hard to believe but I have never ever tried anything from Soap & Glory before.  I know I know shame on me but to be honest when it first came out on the market I wasnt exactly keen on the scent of their products.  I like sweet smelling products but found I got a headache every time I smelt these products in particular.  Since then I have been seen alot of great reviews about Soap & Glory and they fact their product are so good.  So I ventured into Boots one day and browsed through their lovely display and picked up this product to try out :) :)  Plus I have to add since Smelling their products in the beginning I have noticed The scent has changed and varied.  They now have different scented products so thumbs up to that :)  
You might remember me reviewing something like this from another brand about 2 months ago Human  Kind's All In One Facial Cleanser it ended up been one of my favourite cleansers I have tried to date.  Well I was beginning to run low on it and decided before buying it again I would try this out.  It was on offer at the time so I have to snatch it up right? 

I have to say even though I have never tried Soap & Glory products before I have always been impressed with their packaging.  You can tell they take pride in it and it shows.  Its so girly I love it :) 

Soap & Glory Claims:    Who needs a facial when you can stay at home and enjoy The Ultimelt from Soap & Glory? It's super-concentrated, smoothing, revitalising, and deep cleansing – like a detox spa for your skin.
• super-concentrated cleansing, smoothing and revitalising
• melts away make-up
• rebalances and brightens
• for all skin types (except those sensitive to essential oils)
Inside the pretty box you are getting a nicely sized tube of the cleanser and also the muslin cloth.  The first thing I noticed was the weight of this tube of cleanser and boy for a medium sized tube it certainly feels jammed with product.  To be honest the first thing I noticed and was not impressed with was the cloth.  When I opened it it it looked and felt more like a hanky in which I have plenty of.  It is nothing like the cloth I got with my Human & Kind All in One Facial Cleanser.  Boy that cloth is amazing !!!!!! I mean it :) :)   In all fairness I still gave it the benefit of the doubt and tried it :) 

I am sorry But this cloth was way too harsh and to be honest if you have acne prone skin or have breakouts this cloth is gonna hurt big time !!!!! I think a more softer cloth would be better.  
Onto the cleanser itself 

I was really impressed with one thing and that is that you are getting Provitamin B5 which has a natural ability to soothe, moisturise heal and regenerate the skin.  
This cleanser also contains Almond oil which contain vitamin a,c and e it is also known to lock moisture into your skin without blocking your pores.  Not only that Almond oil is good for dark circles which might explain Soap & Glorys claims that this cleanser brightens the skin.  Almond Oil is also known to remove dead skin cells and remove impurities 

There is also Clary Sage which is said that it balances and regulates the production of natural oils in the skin, reducing both oily and dry skin and makes your skin look young and beautiful.
Just to note that it is rumoured that Essential oils are bad for acne prone skin and some people do believe that Essential oils do actually effect their skin and flare ups.  Well I can tell you according to research that essential oils are actually not all that bad and can actually be good for acne prone skin.   For instance Rose Oil is an anti-inflammatory with helps reduce flare ups helping them to heal.  Also Orange Oil is good for anyone who has dull and oily skin :) 
Lavender Oil is an anti-inflammatory an antiseptic and an anti-fungal 
 Now I am not saying you will not get a reaction from these oils I am just saying dont judge that they will affect you from what you see in the ingredients :) :)  Do your research and even if you are still unsure simply do a skin test before you use the product as it does state as a warning on the package that Essential Oil may cause irritation on extreme sensitive skin 

Now that that topic is over with lets get back to my thoughts on this :) 

The consistency of the cleanser is very very thick in fact I got a wee bit worried at the fact it was so thick coming out of the tube but once I spread it out with my warm fingers I noticed it started to melt onto my skin and got easier to spread out.  Once I massaged this on my face for 2 minutes I barely noticed the thickness of the cleanser.  I could get the scents of the lavender and orange while massaging this in but its not very strong and smells very nice.  The cleanser does in fact feel oily against the skin but nothing too heavy.  My skin felt like it was soaking up the product but I didnt feel like it was smoothing my skin.  

Ok I know the directions said take the cloth after massaging the cleanser on your face and press the product off you face.  Now im sorry but how can you possibly press off a cleanser which contains essential oils off your face by pressing a cloth on your face no im sorry it doesnt work that way.  So I wiped the cleanser off my face and yes it took alot of my make-up off my face :) :) 
* *Do not let this cleanser go near your eyes it burns like crazy believe me I know !!!!!!**
I did feel I had to go in with my Garnier Micellar Water just to seal the deal and I have to admit i needed it there was still a wee bit of product left on my face.  I think that was because of the cloth in all honesty because the second time I tried it I used the cloth I got with the Human & Kind cleanser and it worked alot better so much better I found my face was squeezy clean and didnt need a going over with the Micellar Water 

In all the cleanser itself is good and does do its job.  It removes alot of your makeup and leaves your skin feeling fresh and clean.  It did not irratate my skin at all.  You do have to be extra careful around the eye area or it will burn.  I can tell this product is going to last for a very long time because its so thick and you only need a pea sized amount to do your entire face.  I just hate the cloth its horrible !!!!!! 
Would I purchase again ??? Maybe yes but to be honest I do miss my Human & Kind All in One Cleanser as I feel more satisfaction from that than this cleanser.  

So that is my very long review (Sorry about that)  I hope this was helpful 
Until next time 
Lots of Love Luck and Laughter 














I love love love hearing from you all :) I make it my duty to read each and every one of you comments and every time i get a comment from you it highlights my day thanks so so much to you all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the packaging! I don't own any Soap and Glory products however I really want to give them a try now! Great post :)

Frankie x
Crazyblondegal

Unknown said...

I've tried a few Soap and Glory products but never this one so far! I might try it out next time I get low :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...