Tuesday 8 October 2013

Rimmel Exaggerate Undercover Shadow Primer

Hey my beauties How are you all doing today :) :) 
Todays review is on the Rimmel Exaggerate Undercover Shadow Primer 
Eyeshadow Primers We are always on the look out for great eyeshadow primer that perform they way they should and also is easy on the pocket.   I have to admit I have tried a few budget friendly primers and 2 high end primers and use them all the time.  My current favourite budget friendly eyeshadow primer is by e.l.f Cosmetics (not the mineral line but the essential line) and my favourite high end one is the Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer.  Realistic Urban Decay is very pricey and its hard to part with so much money for it alot of the time and e.l.f is and online store in which not everybody can get.  So I wanted to try out a primer that is easier to get and is available to almost everyone.  So I opted for Rimmel for my first try out :)  

Rimmel London Undercover Shadow Primer is our first primer base that will reinvent your eye shadow! The lightweight silicone formula preps and smoothes lids.18-hour wear, crease-proof, smudge proof guarantee!

I purchased this from boots.ie and it cost €6.49 for 6mls of product not a bad price at all :) 
The primer comes in a tube with a doe foot application for easy application.  I love the packaging as its eye catching and funky :)  
First of all the primer comes out white instead of skintone colour like all the primers i have tried.  To be honest i like to use skin coloured primers because I have a little darkness on the lids and it helps conceal aswell as prime.  But putting that aside the White primer from this primer is light and blends out into nothing.  Automatically I noticed that i could see the darkness of my lids through this so unless I conceal my lids before hand this does nothing for me.  


The consistency is thin and blends out very very well.   It feels smooth on the skin and certainly preps your eyes for your eyeshadow.  The one thing I have to say is that if you have any allergies to silicone you need to test this first before applying onto your eyes. 

My experience with this primer has been 50/50.  This is just from my experience I found this primer disappointing in a way.  What i look for from a primer is a) making my eyeshadows last all day and b) intensifying my eyeshadows.  I found this primer did neither to be honest.  It most certainly does not intensity eyeshadows but it does allow chalky eyeshadows to cause less fall out.  If you suffer with oily lids you will not find this primer any good as I found it made my eyeshadows fade alot.  I even tried this primer under my Naked Palette shadows and my Lorac Palette shadows and and it too faded them.  I do find this good on lids that are less oily as I for sure tested that out on somebody else and they did report back that their eyeshadows lasted all day long.  
Overall this primer is good for people who have no discolouration on the lids, non oily lids and just need something to make your eye shadows last all day.  Especially teens or anyone in their early 20's.   For anyone else I think this would disappoint.  
So thats my review for today I hope you found this helpful and if you have tried this before let me know what you think 
Until next time
Lots of Love Luck and Laughter 













I love love love hearing from you all :) I make it my duty to read each and every one of you comments and every time i get a comment from you it highlights my day thanks so so much to you all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

7 comments:

Nicol said...

ooo ive not seen this before, looks promising!

yukluistyle

Brigitte Honeybee said...

What a bummer! I would probaby need something for oily eyelids! Thanks for the review.

from Brigitte at // BreezeyBee Blog | BlogLovin'

Irene Blushing Loves said...

Thanks for the reivew doll, I think I'll give it a pass now...

Audrey- The Nail Affair said...

Ohh gosh I would have picked this up but after seeing this I definitely won't be picking this up, I need my lasting power!

Minnie C. said...

It looks a bit like Sharpie pen but I still would like to try.

Unknown said...

Seems like a great price, but sure if it's not doing anything, it would be pointless to get!

How long does the Urban Decay eye primer last you?

xx

Unknown said...

Nicol you should try it hun if you dont suffer with oily lids

Brigette if you need moisture for you eyelids you should try this or even apply an eyecream first before applying your makeup hun that helps dry lids

Blushingloves No problem do you suffer with oily lids

Audrey the nail affair same here hunny

Minnie let me know how you get on

Filonmena Urban Decay lasts me all day long hunny it is good but so does the e.l.f eyelid primer :) :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...