Thursday 20 June 2013

Sharing the Love #8: Interview with Lauren from Makeup By Lauren Marie

Hey My Lovelies How are you all doing today :)  Wow I am loving this share the love series on my blog.  I have met 2 new bloggers through doing this series and I am delighted to get to know them before I even get to their blogs or channels etc.  If you are a blogger, youtuber etc who is interested in taking part comment below :) :) 
My next interviewee (if thats even a word) is Lauren she is another Irish blogger/youtuber and I had the privilege of meeting her in Cork at the Cork Meetup, it was only for about 5 minutes but I instantly liked her as she is just that sort of person everyone will love here is my Interview with Lauren Hope you enjoy :) 

1.  Hey..... Welcome to my blog :) :) Can you tell us a little about yourself :) 

My name is lauren, I was born in Wales and moved to Ireland when I was 10. Having an irish dad it was only a matter of time before we moved to Ireland really. I work as a freelance makeup artist, for just over 3 years. I love my job as I get to make people happy and make them feel great about themselves. 

2.  Tell us a little about your blog 
I set up makeupbylaurenmarie, way back in 2008, at first I rarely posted on there. I had no idea what to post or how to word things. After my makeup course I started to blog full time, along with my YouTube channel I found it a great way to post makeup looks I had done on YouTube and then I got more into writing reviews.

3.  What inspired you to start up your blog 
It was mainly my love of makeup. I had a blog years ago when I was 15 it was the cheesiest blog ever. It had pics of Justin timberlake on there lol. So not cool. So when I was around 17 I noticed people like fleur de force. She mainly gave me the idea to create my own blog. 

4.  What is your dream job?
I love my job as a makeup artist, however I would love to be an actress. I love acting. Since i know that will never happen I would also love to do special effects makeup for films like Harry potter where you would have to create blood and cool special effects. 


5.  Can you share with us some of your favourite blogs to read ?
I love reading makeup over mind, lovelyjubby, fleurdeforce, milkbubbletea, icoveetthee, fitzandbitz. I love discovering new blogs all the time so never be afraid to just randomly tweet me your link. 
  
6.  Your favorite skin care, hair care and makeup products?
Ooh, I love questions like these. At the moment I'm loving Bioderma, cannot believe it took me this long to try it, I am also loving caudalie beauty elixir. As for haircare I love anything from Lee Stafford. Makeup products I'm loving at the moment, would be bourjois healthy mix serum foundation, revlon Creme blush in coral reef and the maybelline color sensational lipsticks the colours are amazing for the summer.

7   If you could give one piece of advice to someone who is thinking of starting up their own blog what would it be?
Start a blog for the right reasons. I say this because I once got an email asking me how long and how to you get free samples to try. They told me they set up a blog to get free samples. I was shocked really. So I think you should start for the right reasons. I also think when you are starting out, blog about everything you have in your makeup collection don't feel the need to go out and buy new things just to blog about them. 

8.  Can You tell us what is in you handbag?? (hehehe I like been nosey?  Include a picture ?
My handbag gets changed around all the time, since we now have some sun I switched it to this bright neon pink one from penny's. Inside you will always find my phone, purse, umbrella (this is Ireland). I got some lip products in there, my contacts and my sunglasses. I also carry some medication for ibs and some headphones, I love my music.

9.  Where else apart from your blog can we find you aka twitter facebook etc. 
I have a twitter @laurenmariemua my Facebook is and my YouTube channel is www.youtube.com/makeupbylaurenmarie 

10  Any last words for us :) 
Thanks so much for including me in this sharing the love project, it was so much fun. 
Aint she the sweetest :) Make sure to check out her links and let her know you stopped by :) 
I hope you all have a lovely day whatever you are doing and I shall see you soon :) 
Until Next Time 
Lots of Love Luck and Laughter 









I love love love hearing from you all :) I make it my duty to read each and every one of you comments and every time i get a comment from you it highlights my day thanks so so much to you all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

8 comments:

Mad Typer said...

Thank you for sharing new blogs with us!

Jess | The Indigo Hours said...

Lauren certainly does sound lovely, I'm off for a read of her blog now! :)

Jess xo

Makeup Monster said...

Lovely interview!!

Unknown said...

Thank you Rubyblood

Jess She is and thank you :)

Makeup Monster Thanks hunny :)

Unknown said...

thanks for including me in this x :)

Unknown said...

This is such a lovely series Nina and a great interview.

Unknown said...

Lauren Your more than welcome hunny
Fluff and Fripperies thank you hunny

bgbychristina said...

I love your blog! Definitely following now, stay in touch xx

thedailysugar.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...