Tuesday 30 April 2013

Famous X First Date Blush in Angelina & Scarlett

Hello everybody how are you all doing today :) 
Well the sun is shining and the kiddies is outside and I had a very productive day taking lots and lots of photos of products for future reviews :)  I love having them days :) 
So I am in a super dooper form and ready for my next review which is on the First Date Blushes by Famous X.  If you are a regular to my blog you will know Famous X if not check out my other reviews to get familiar with it :) 
If there is one thing I love about Famous Cosmetics Products its the packaging..... Just look at this packaging isnt it to die for :)  Like for the price I can safely say that in person the packaging makes it look like you have paid 3 time more than what you have paid. 
I was so so excited to try these as they were only £4.99 for a whopping 7.5g of product.  
It is a little hard to detect the exact shade on the site but I ended up picking the 2 shades that appealed to me more 
Just look at the size of the mirror you get with these :) who need compact mirrors when you have these babies :) 
When you get the blushes they are covered in a removable plastic covering which is great for hygiene but once you take that off that it no cover which i dont mind.
Let me go ahead and show the shades :) 
First we have:
Angelina:  This is my favourite out of the two.  Oh boy is this one pigmented lol the first time i tried this i dipped my brush a little too hard and i ended up looking like a clown :)  So a little bit of advice for you all please use with caution hahahaha.  This is a very very pretty Deep rosey pink shade and nice warm toned blush that gives a fantastic pop of colour to ones cheeks.  Not only that but its matte :) :) I believe this will suit every skin tone because it is quite build able but for anyone who has fair skin PLEASE USE A LIGHT HAND :)  I do find you need to work a little bit more than normal blush to blend this but its oh so worth it I promise 
Scarlett:  This is a lovely dusty rose shade.  I have to say this is more on the chalky side you will have a little more fall out with this that Angelina even though this is easier to work with as in blending that Angelina.  This is hugely pigment again use with caution.  This is the perfect blush for winter especially.  Again this shade is matte but it tends to leave you with a beautiful glow.  
I do like this shade but i find that it can make a mess while your using it because of its chalkiness 
The above picture is of both blended out as you can see you can apply as lightly as you can and build them up to the intensity of the first swatch picture and even stronger. 
So let me lay it down to you the good and the bad 

The good 
Affordable
Amazing packaging 
Amazing amount of product 
Super pigmented 
Beautiful shades 
6 - 8 hours lasting power 

The bad
Scarlett is very chalky 
Angelina needs a little more work blending out but nothing to complain about
I am wearing a little Angelina on the cheeks in this photo 
Over all I am pleased with what I got for my money.  I have to admit I have very little patience for Scarlett as it makes too much of a mess and I feel I am loosing more product than I am using so I will not be repurchasing that one but Angelina is a stunning shade not as chalky and looks amazing.  I will purchase another shade to try out soon so I will add the swatches here when I do 
For £4.99 you cant go wrong and these blushes will last forever (well ok not forever but for a very very very long time) 
Have you tried any of these blushes yet ?
Until Next Time 
Lots of Love Luck and Laughter 




I love love love hearing from you all :) I make it my duty to read each and every one of you comments and every time i get a comment from you it highlights my day thanks so so much to you all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...