Wednesday 6 February 2013

MUA Pro-Base Makeup Fixing Mist

Hey my Beauties How are you all doing :) 
Well i thought i would take a breath from my 28 kisses posts lol as i have to post one of them a day its hard to get another blog post in these days with sickly kiddies AGAIN this time its chest infections.  I have been wanting to review some more products i got from my last MUA haul before my next big MUA Haul comes.  :) 
So Today I am reviewing the New MUA Pro-Base Makeup Fixing Mist.  
Now me i have never really tried any other fixing spray or stay in place sprays apart from e.l.f's Mist Spray.  I found e.l.f's mist spray to be quite good for quenching my face in the summer time but as in keeping my makeup in place I never really noticed much difference.  So i said I would give this a try to see was it different.  
You are getting 60mls of product for only £4 which is a good price considering the prices of the high end setting sprays.  
The packaging is as you see it, a white plastic bottle with a very good spritzer i have to say.
Ok so I dont really suffer with my makeup sliding or fading that much during the day to be honest apart from my forehead and chin maybe but I do suffer a little depending on the weather etc with dryness around the mouth and nose area.  Again its all depending on the makeup I wear that day.  I have put this to the test on the makeup I notice fading a little.  
Most of all I have put this to the heat test also.  Simply by running around like a kid with my kiddies getting a good work out haha.  
‘Makeup Setting Sprays are used to create a luminous finish after you have applied your makeup. Not only do they allow your skin to remain hydrated, but they work as a moderate sealer, preventing your makeup from making a mess ‘- Karla Powell, MUA’s Head of Make-up Artistry
Ok so let me tell you what I think of this from a comparison to the e.l.f mist spray after all they are both Drugstore product even though from different brands they are roughly the same price and same promises :) 
Mua fixing mist definitely smells better than e.l.f mist spray 
Mua sprays better in my opinion as sometimes I  feel the e.l.f spray sprays a little too much but the MUA one sprays more evenly not much but a little more.  
As in performance wise they are both near enough the same, to be honest i did not really notice my make-up staying in place any longer than it does even with the makeup that I do find fades on me at end of the day.  That's not saying it does not work on other skin types.  :) 
What I did notice is that If i over powdered etc this spray is excellent for getting rid of over powdering.  
I find this spray great for foundations I have that I am not fond of and want to get rid of the like of the ones that soak into my open pores I simply apply the foundation and spray a little of this onto my face use my stippling brush in the areas I find the foundation soaking into pores and it works its stops it from soaking into them.
I also love using this even when I am not wearing make-up and I feel my face getting tight with the false heat around when i need a little refreshment to my face a spray a little of this and its instant relief I even find I nice cooling effect to it :) 
If you were to ask me would I buy this again I would say yes simply for refreshment and for the times i might over powder.  For Making my make-up last longer? I don't think so as I didn't notice a change in that part 
I would also pick MUA Fixing Mist over e.l.f for the scent as there is little to no scent from MUA spray which I love :) 
So that is it for today everyone I hope this review helps you 
Until next time 
Lots of Love Luck and Laughter 



I love love love hearing from you all :) I make it my duty to read each and every one of you comments and every time i get a comment from you it highlights my day thanks so so much to you all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

3 comments:

Angela said...

I got this fixing spray recently and like you I love the refreshing feeling it gives my face, I am always hot so find this great for cooling me down. Again like you I didn't notice any difference in how long my make up lasted, but I would buy this again because it makes me feel cooler.
Angela x

Unknown said...

love this review - it's so in depth and honest!! totally agree with you on the elf setting spray too! x

DIYMama said...

Nice review, I do not have the fixing spray, but was wondering how it was. Now I know;-)
Beautifull blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...